Were You or Someone Close to You Injured in an Auto Accident?
Car accidents are often devastating and life-changing experiences, especially if it occurs due to the careless or reckless actions of another driver. The accident itself is only the start of what can be a tremendously long process of evaluating and filing a claim, evaluating the worth of your claim, determining liability, and, most importantly, getting closure. You shouldn’t go through this alone.
At Legacy Accident Lawyers, our car accident attorneys leverage several years of combined legal experience to represent victims of car accidents. We have the knowledge and personalized approach required to address every aspect of your car accident case, allowing you to focus on recovery rather than legal issues.
If you or someone you know was injured in a motor vehicle accident due to the negligence of another in Tustin, CA or anywhere in Orange County, seek legal representation with our legal team today. Personal injury claims can be complicated. You’ll need a winning auto accident lawyer on your side to fight for full and fair compensation.
Why Legacy Accident Lawyers Is The Best Option For You
Car accidents can lead to massive injuries and significant expenses for the victims. We are ready to help when you need the services of an expert personal injury attorney. Victims of car accidents continue to choose our law firm because of our client-focused approach to every single case we handle. Our team wants to provide you with the attentive support you need to right the wrongs that happened to you.
Our lawyers focus on your case by gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, consulting with expert witnesses, and dealing with the insurance company on your behalf. If necessary, our lawyers can even take your case to trial to get the maximum compensation you truly deserve. When you choose Legacy Accident Lawyers, you will benefit because:
- Our law firm is well-resourced, allowing us to effectively build a solid case for each of our clients. We have relationships with expert engineers, accident reconstruction experts, private investigators, and vital professionals throughout Southern California.
- Our firm focuses exclusively on auto accident law, which means we are geared towards helping you in your exact situation.
- Our clients are first priority, which is why our mission is to maintain a compassionate, caring, client-centered law firm you can trust.
- Our lawyers are amongst the most successful car accident lawyers in Tustin and have secured millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
- We take auto accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you would pay no legal fees until after we secure the maximum compensation for your case. If we don’t win, you don’t pay.
Call the law offices of Legacy Accident Lawyers today to learn more about how we are ready to help you and schedule your free consultation.
Benefits Of Hiring A Car Accident Attorney
Did you recently suffer a car accident injury? Was another driver responsible for the car accident? If so, then you want to consider hiring a car accident attorney. These legal professionals can help you through the stages of a car accident settlement claim and lawsuit. Here are some of the benefits of working with a car accident attorney.
Guidance Throughout The Legal Process
The primary reason you need to work with an auto accident attorney is for the guide they offer through the entire legal process. You may find it challenging to understand exactly what is going on as you move forward with your case. That is why it is vital to find the right person by your side to guide you. Not only will an experienced car accident lawyer in Tustin submit documents and paperwork crucial to the success of your case, but they will also help you understand what to expect as your case moves forward.
Negotiate A Fair Settlement
Ultimately, it is vital to hire a car accident lawyer to ensure you get the most out of your settlement. Insurance companies are only concerned with paying out as little as possible; they generally offer low ball settlements to resolve cases cost-effectively and quickly. But an experienced lawyer on your side can ensure that this doesn’t happen and you get the maximum compensation for you.
Understand Limitation Periods
If you file a car accident lawsuit after the applicable statute of limitations has passed, your case will likely be dismissed. It means you no longer have the right to seek financial compensation, no matter how serious your car accident injuries are or how much the other party is at fault. That is why it is crucial to hire an experienced attorney. They understand the limitation periods of each state and can ensure your case is filed before the deadline.
Represents You In Court
If your car accident case goes to court, you’ll need an experienced legal professional to represent you as this is the most difficult stage. Proving yourself in front of the judge or jury will require comprehensive legal research, rules, investigation, and formalities, and the right person to do this is a car accident lawyer in Tustin.
How Much Is A Car Accident Claim Worth?
One of the most common questions that victims of automobile accidents have is how much their claim is worth. There is no simple answer to this, as settlements in a car accident don’t have definite value because there are many variables involved. Sometimes, the amount of car accident settlement is determined by evaluating average settlements and verdicts for similar cases. Plus, many things go into determining the worth of your claim, some of which include:
- Injury severity
- Current medical treatments and those you’ll need in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages and whether you’ll be able to return to work
- The party at fault for the car accident
- Insurance policies and limits
Your amount of settlement will also depend on the negotiating skills of your car accident lawyer. Your lawyer will keep negotiating for a fair settlement amount until you get what you deserve. In addition to getting fair compensation that covers the cost of your injuries and damages, you need an attorney with comprehensive legal experience to account for all of your losses.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents
An average of 90 people die in car accidents every day in the United States. According to NHTSA, these tragedies totaled an astounding 32,675 car accident-related deaths in 2014. While many people die during a car accident, many others die later as a result of the injuries sustained during the accident. Here are the most common causes of car accidents.
- Distracted Driving: This is one of the greatest threats on the roads today. Actions such as talking on the phone, texting, and eating takes your concentration off the road, increasing the chances of an accident taking place.
- Driving Under the Influence: This is a careless action that too many drivers take. However, alcohol isn’t the only substance that causes significant impairment that leads to car accidents. Controlled substances and drugs also to severe motor vehicle accidents.
- Reckless Driving: Some drivers don’t have a care in the world while driving. Examples of reckless driving include speeding, changing lanes abruptly, ignoring traffic rules, and driving aggressively. All these behaviors may lead to a horrific car accident.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Rain, snow, ice, sleet-all of these conditions require more cautious driving. Drivers sometimes become comfortable driving in bad weather conditions, and they don’t mind taking risky chances that can cause an accident.
- Speeding: Driving at excessive speeds is one of the most dangerous causes of a car accident in the world because it often leads to high impact collisions that result in devastating injuries and even death. Drivers who speed often have less time to react to road and traffic conditions.
Determining Liability In A Car Accident Case
If you have been involved in a car accident and think the other driver is at fault, you probably feel entitled to compensation. However, thinking about it and proving that the other party is at fault are two different things. Due to the large sums of money on the line, it will be a hard-fought battle to recover compensation. In order to determine liability in a car accident case, you must show that the driver was negligent.
In order to prove that the other driver is negligent, you must demonstrate:
- A duty of care was owed to not endanger the victim’s life
- The duty of care was breached due to reckless behavior
- This breach directly caused the car accident and harmed the victim
Since determining liability in a car accident can be complicated, it is vital to have an experienced car accident lawyer handling your case and helping with your compensation recovery. A lawyer can help you determine the party or parties liable for a car accident and file a claim for you. Not only can a lawyer gather evidence for your case, but they can also link you with experts who can help assess the car accident and determine fault.
Common Car Accident Injuries
In the United States, Americans spend over 1 million days each year in the hospital for common car accident injuries, which result in about $18 billion in lifetime medical care bills. There are many different types of injuries that can occur during a car accident. The following are the most common car accident injuries.
- Internal Injuries: Car accident victims may suffer serious internal injury to their organs. Puncture of lungs, fractures, ribs, torn spleens, and lacerated kidneys and livers frequently occurs in a car accident.
- Whiplash: This is one of the most common types of car crashes. It accounts for more than one million car collision neck injuries each year. Most of the injuries often lead to long-term disability.
- Broken and fractured Bones: The high-speed impact of a car accident on the body stresses the skeletal bones, resulting in broken bones or fractures.
- Burns: The impact of a car accident can cause people to come into contact with parts of the car that are extremely hot such as engine parts and spraying liquids. Sometimes, the entire car can burst into flames, causing life-threatening burns all over the victim’s body or even death.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Severe TBIs could result in a life-altering condition that disrupts how the brain functions, handles information, and processes emotions.
What To Do After A Car Accident
It is a sad fact that victims of car accidents are often taken advantage of during the most challenging times of their lives. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, here are the tips on dealing with its aftermath in order to protect your health and rights.
- Immediately After the Accident: Immediately after a car accident, your health and safety should be the first priority. So, check yourself for any visible injuries and those of the other passengers. Call 911 or ask someone else to do it if you are too injured or traumatized. If you are extremely injured, do not attempt to move until help comes.
- Right After the Accident: If you have sustained an injury, you should see a doctor immediately. It will help your case if you keep a diary of your medical treatment and prescribed medications, as it can help estimate the costs of your medical expenses.
- At the Accident Scene: If you can still walk, assess the damage to your car and gather as much information as you can. Get the contact and insurance information of the other driver and police report. If there are witnesses, get an account of the incidence and their contact information in case you need to follow up. Then, take pictures of the scene and any other information.
- Notify your Insurance Company: If you are involved in a car crash, it is important you file a claim with the insurance company. When giving an account of the accident, try to stick to the facts and make sure you have a police report that confirms the facts of the accident.
- Contact a Car Accident Attorney: It is important to get legal advice after a car accident, especially if it results in a serious injury and damages. An experienced Tustin car accident lawyer can handle all of the details and make sure you get the maximum compensation.
Contact Our Experienced Tustin Car Accident Lawyers
If you’re injured in a car accident in Tustin or anywhere across Orange County, contact Legacy Accident Lawyers as soon as you can. Legacy Accident Lawyers has established itself as a personal injury law firm with a proven track record and vast resources to handle a variety of auto accident cases throughout Tustin. Our personal injury lawyer will not settle for anything less than the maximum compensation you truly deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.