Tustin Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
Rideshare companies such as Uber and Lyft have tremendously grown in popularity. While utilizing one of these rideshares is a safer alternative than driving while tired or intoxicated, Uber/Lyft drivers are not impervious to car accidents. And, there is no escaping the reality that accidents do happen. Unlike regular auto accidents, when an accident occurs with an Uber or Lyft driver, there are distinctive regulations and laws when determining liability in a rideshare accident. So, what do you do if you find yourself injured in an accident with an Uber or Lyft vehicle caused by the negligence of a rideshare driver? That’s where the experienced Uber/Lyft accident lawyers from Legacy Accident Lawyers can help.
Why Legacy Accident Lawyers Is The Best Option For You
If you have suffered injuries and losses due to an accident caused by a rideshare driver’s negligence, you are entitled to compensation. At Legacy Accident Lawyers, our law firm has been synonymous with compassionate and honest Uber or Lyft accident lawyers.
Our Uber and Lyft accident lawyer can help you understand the distinctions regarding accidents involving Uber or Lyft, including against whom to file suit and where the responsibility lies. With this information, we can help you secure the maximum compensation you need to pay for medical bills and covers other losses.
Here are a few more reasons why victims of rideshare accidents in Tustin choose us to represent them:
- Our law firm has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Our attorneys are dedicated to achieving the maximum compensation for your case.
- Our lawyers can help you navigate the complex process of an accident claim.
- We always take the effort and time to personalize our services, so each case is tailor-made to suit each client’s individual needs.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you are not required to pay legal fees until we get a fair settlement for you.
Contact Legacy Accident Lawyers today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case and learn more about your legal options.
Benefits Of Hiring A Rideshare Accident Attorney
While you are not obligated to hire legal representation to help you pursue the maximum compensation for your injuries and damages sustained in a rideshare accident, there are huge benefits to hiring a rideshare accident attorney. The following are a few benefits of hiring an Uber and Lyft accident attorney.
Understands The Legal Process
Most victims of rideshare accidents don’t understand the legal system. But an Uber/Lyft accident lawyer handles this type of claim every single day, so they know how to properly fill out essential documents and file all forms on time. Plus, they deal with insurance companies and big organizations like Uber and Lyft regularly. Without this experience and knowledge, you may not be able to get fair compensation.
Better Decision Making
The period after a rideshare accident may be emotional and overwhelming. Insurance companies strategize to get victims to their breaking points, hoping that they settle for a low settlement or give up on the case. However, Lyft and Uber accident lawyers will be your legal advocates and push back on unfair offers, as well as aggressively negotiate for maximum compensation. This allows victims to focus on their recovery, instead of worrying about the obstacles insurers will try to put on them.
Represent You In Court
If your case does have to go to court, it is important that you hire a Uber/Lyft attorney. An experienced lawyer knows what works within the court system and is familiar with the right ways to deal with the jury and the judge. In summary, they will be able to present your case and evidence in a more professional way. Most times, the fact that you have an attorney represent you in court shows the insurance company that you are not here to play around.
Statute Of Limitations
When it comes to filing a lawsuit, you stand to lose everything if you miss the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations is a law that is used to place a time limit on a plaintiff’s ability to file a lawsuit. It’s meant to protect people from being sued or taken advantage of by another party years after an incident has occurred. If a negligent party caused harm to someone else, that victim has two years to take legal action in the state of CA. There are legalities that must be completed when filing this claim, which is why an attorney is so important. They will file all documents on time, and it will be done correctly, so there are no mishaps from the start.
How Much Is A Rideshare Accident Claim Worth?
If you have been involved in a rideshare accident that is not your fault, you’re probably wondering how much your claim might be worth. Ridesharing laws are complex, and every Uber/Lyft accident case is different. So, it’s difficult to estimate a settlement amount until the facts of the case have been reviewed and thoroughly investigated.
The severity of your injuries is the most important factor considered when trying to figure out the value of your rideshare accident claim. The more severe the rideshare accident injuries, the more likely you will receive a high amount of compensation. If the rideshare injuries are permanent and will negatively affect your quality of life going forward, you may be entitled to the maximum settlement.
If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, you should contact an experienced attorney immediately to make sure you understand all of your options. You can get a better understanding of how much your claim is worth. Your Tustin rideshare accident lawyer will conduct a thorough investigation to estimate the value of the injuries and damages you have incurred.
Common Causes Of Rideshare Accidents
In addition to the effect rideshare services have on traffic safety, Uber and Lyft drivers are also directly involved in several accidents. Studies show that the increase in ridesharing services on the road also leads to more risk of accidents in the area. Below are some of the most common causes of ridesharing accidents.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is a major cause of rideshare accidents because Uber/Lyft drivers have more distractions than regular drivers. For instance, the drivers have the rideshare app running, which informs them about the passenger information and the pick-up/drop-off points. Every single distraction draws the driver’s attention from driving safely.
- Driving Under The Influence: According to the recent statistics compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), drunk-driving was a huge factor in more than 40% of all vehicle accidents. While drunk driving is a serious crime, you’ll still find some rideshare drivers driving under the influence.
- Speeding: Speeding is a primary cause of several road accidents. According to the NHTSA, over a quarter of all road accidents are caused by speeding.
- Inexperience: This is another common cause of rideshare accidents. Unlike taxicab companies that have thorough standards for their driver, rideshare company requirements are comparatively lax.
- Driver Fatigue: Many rideshare drivers have several different accounts that allow them to work for long hours, thus leading to fatigue. The chances of a fatigued driver falling asleep while driving is high. Fatigue also lowers the driver’s reaction time to respond to other road users.
- Other Reckless Drivers: Many times, it’s another driver who is responsible for causing the car accident. If multiple motorists are involved in an accident, an investigation will need to be completed so liability can be proven.
Determining Liability In A Rideshare Accident Case
Ridesharing accidents can be quite tricky to understand, even for a personal injury lawyer. This is especially true for people without a background in law, as it can be difficult to determine which party is liable for the injuries and damages sustained. Determining liability for a rideshare accident is similar to other auto car accidents in the sense that if the accident is the result of the Uber/Lyft driver’s negligence, then they could face civil liability for any injuries and damages they caused.
However, unlike most auto accidents, Uber/Lyft mishaps are different due to the presence of a 3rd party. In order to determine liability in an Uber accident or Lyft accident case, a thorough investigation must be conducted. The following will need to be established:
- The Uber or Lyft driver caused the accident
- Another party caused or contributed to the accident, like a reckless driver
- The Uber/Lyft driver was or was not logged onto the application
This situation can get quite complex when dealing with the insurance coverage of all parties involved, such as knowing when to pursue a claim with an Uber/Lyft driver’s personal auto insurance and when Uber/Lyft’s liability coverage for bodily injury comes into play. This is why it’s in your best interest to consult with an experienced rideshare accident attorney to determine your course of action. Your Tustin Uber and Lyft accident attorney can conduct a thorough investigation to determine if the at-fault rideshare driver, their employer, or a 3rd party participant is liable for the injury and damages you incurred in a ridesharing accident. Then, they can help you receive fair and full compensation.
Common Rideshare Accidents Injuries
Pedestrians, Uber/Lyft passengers, and other involved parties could suffer severe injuries in the event of an accident involving a rideshare vehicle. Here are some of the most common injuries sustained by victims of rideshare accidents.
- TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury): If the crash causes an impact to the head, you could sustain a TBI. This is an injury that results in the tearing, bleeding, or bruising of the brain. In a severe case, the injury can cause mental impairment and other permanent brain problems.
- Back And Neck Injuries: An accident puts a great deal of stress on the body. So, accident victims often sustain injuries to their neck and back, which can cause serious pain and lead to the loss of range of motion.
- Burns: In some rideshare accidents, people are at risk of sustaining severe burns from hot car parts to fires. Burns cause damage to deep tissues that may require surgery and leave permanent scarring.
- Spinal Injuries: Rideshare accidents can result in back trauma that damages the spine. This can result in issues like herniated discs that may require either surgery or physical therapy. A complete spinal injury can prevent all forms of movement and sensory abilities below the injury.
- Fractures: The physical trauma of a rideshare accident can exert enough force to fracture bones in any part of your body. Joints like shoulders, hips, knees, ankles, and wrists are also prone to rideshare accident injuries.
What To Do After A Rideshare Accident
Rideshare drivers are just as susceptible to auto accidents as other drivers. Your ability to handle an Uber or Lyft accident is crucial to your safety and finance. So, what should you do after a rideshare accident? In the aftermath of a rideshare accident, here are the steps you should take to make sure your health and rights are protected.
- Call 911: The first thing you should do after a rideshare accident is to get to safety. Then you should call the police regardless of whether you are injured or not because you need a police report to file for settlements, claims and lawsuits. Having the police at the scene can also help protect your legal rights when the time comes to prove liability and present a police report.
- Seek Medical Attention: You should always get medical attention immediately after a rideshare accident, even if you don’t have any visible injury. Going to the hospital for a checkup ensures you have not sustained injuries that may occur later. In addition, getting medical attention also protects you legally if you later experience symptoms of injuries following an accident.
- Gather Evidence: Documenting and gathering evidence at the scene of the accident is crucial to your case. It’s a good idea to get the information of the drivers involved, such as name, address, insurance information, and license plate number. Photos can also help prove who was at fault for the rideshare accident.
- Get Legal Advice: While it is important to notify your insurance company about the accident and file a claim, you shouldn’t give a statement until you have consulted with a lawyer. Also, you should not communicate with the other party’s insurance. Doing so could drastically affect your personal injury claim. Contact a rideshare accident attorney before offering any recorded statements.
Contact Our Experienced Rideshare Accident Lawyers In Tustin, CA
Receiving the maximum compensation in an auto accident insurance claim can be challenging, especially when you are fighting against huge corporations like Lyft or Uber. Attempting to negotiate a fair settlement without legal help could result in your recovering little or no settlement for your injuries and damages. At Legacy Accident Lawyers, our legal team is known in Tustin, CA for aggressively fighting for the rights of our clients against big organizations. Our team will do everything within our power to get you maximum compensation. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.