Tustin Motorcycle Accident Attorney
While motorcycles are fun to ride, they provide little to no protection for the riders in the event of an accident. Because of this, motorcycle riders often suffer catastrophic injuries in crashes. If you are injured in a motorcycle accident due to the negligence of another driver, the compensation you receive depends on the experience and skills of the motorcycle accident lawyer that represents you. With Legacy Accident Lawyers, we’re a California-based law firm in Tustin that provides effective and aggressive legal representation for victims of motorcycle crashes. Please call our office today to schedule your confidential and free consultation with us.
Why Legacy Accident Lawyers Is The Best Option For You
If you have been involved in a motorcycle crash in the Tustin area, our experienced and knowledgeable team of lawyers will get you the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and property damage. We have been in the business of helping motorcycle accident victims recover for years.
Our attorneys know the motorcycle accident laws and will help you navigate the claims process. We can also file a lawsuit with the other party to maximize compensation. When you hire Legacy Accident Lawyers, you can expect the following:
- Our attorneys are dedicated to receiving maximum compensation in your personal injury claim. They’ll work closely with you to determine your optimal path to recovery.
- You’ll have a direct line of communication with your Tustin motorcycle accident lawyer. Your lawyer will be available 24/7 to answer your questions and provide vital case updates.
- Our lawyers don’t shy away from hard work because we know that going the extra mile can mean the difference between an acceptable outcome and an ideal outcome.
- We work with our clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t have to pay any legal fees if we don’t win.
If you would like to learn more about what makes Legacy Accident Lawyers the best law firm for the job, contact us now to schedule a free consultation.
Benefits Of Hiring A Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you recently suffered injuries and property damage as the result of a motorcycle accident that was another driver’s fault, it is important to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer to help protect your rights.
Professional Legal Representation On Your Side
Hiring a Tustin motorcycle accident lawyer ensures you have someone on your side helping you through this difficult period. It’ll also ensure you have a legal professional on your side who has your best interest at heart. No matter what an insurance company says, they are not working for you. They’ll try to close your claim as quickly as possible while paying as little as they can. When you have a lawyer, you have someone who will ensure your case doesn’t fall through the cracks.
Paperwork Filled Out Correctly And On Time
Filing an insurance claim involves a lot of paperwork, which can prove to be difficult if you don’t have experience in California’s personal injury laws. Fortunately, an experienced attorney can help you file the paperwork and document accurately, and understand the essential role of filing a claim. Your lawyer will also inform you of the aim of each document to avoid any confusion.
The law places strict time limits (statute of limitation) on when a motorcycle accident lawsuit can be filed and not meeting that deadline will prevent a victim from ever collecting compensation for damages, even if they have a valid case.
An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will ensure all legal formalities are met within the allotted time frame. They will also positively improve the strength of your case by obtaining important evidence before it’s no longer available, like surveillance footage or interviewing witnesses while their memory of the accident is still clear.
Representation In Court
Getting represented in court proceedings is another important benefit of working with a motorcycle accident lawyer. The goal is to finalize the motorcycle accident settlement outside of court. However, if you can’t reach an agreement with the insurance company, then you may need to file a lawsuit. Taking a case to court on your own can be quite stressful. So, instead of navigating the court process alone, it is better to work with an experienced lawyer.
How Much Is A Motorcycle Accident Claim Worth?
A motorcycle accident can be particularly devastating, and your main focus should be on recovery. Motorcycle accidents can often lead to the victim incurring large debts, including medical bills, lost wages, and damaged property. This is not fair, especially when a negligent party is responsible for causing the accident.
Having said that, the worth of your claim mainly depends on the damages surrounding your accident. In other words, figuring out the worth of your motorcycle accident claim is not a simple calculation, and there are several factors that often determine how much a claim is worth.
Fortunately, a motorcycle accident lawyer can help you determine the appropriate compensation for your case. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will determine how your motorcycle accident occurred, assess the severity of your injuries, estimate the damages you have incurred, and calculate future lost earning capacity as the result of the accident. Other losses will also be taken into account.
Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents
According to a 2018 NHTSA study, 80% of all reported motorcycle accidents result in injury or death compared to just 20% in vehicles like cars and trucks. Motorcycle accidents happen for a different number of reasons. Some of these may be essentially unavoidable, such as unexpected bad weather. However, others may happen due to someone else’s mistake or negligence. Here are the most common causes of motorcycle accidents.
- Speeding: Speeding is a leading cause of all types of auto accidents. It reduces a driver’s chance of reacting to an unexpected danger in time to prevent a motorcycle accident. The higher the speed, the greater the impact of the accident and the more severe the consequences.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving while intoxicated is risky as it causes a lack of good judgment and poor decision-making. In recent years, the number of motorcycle accidents related to drunk driving has been as high as 43%.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving has been one of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents for decades. While the cell phone is one of the most common causes of distracted driving, eating, reading, and reaching for an object on the car floor are also quite common.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving causes a fair portion of motorcycle accidents. Reckless driving can take many forms, including speeding, lane splitting, and left turns.
- Not Yielding to the Right of Way: Many drivers use the road like they always have the right of way. This action has led to several motorcycle accidents and often leads to the motorcyclist being held liable for the accident.
Determining Liability In A Motorcycle Accident Case
The majority of motorcycle accident cases are based on the concept of negligence. A claim of negligence in a motorcycle accident case states that the at-fault driver (defendant) behaved in a way that is careless, and this behavior caused the accident that led to your injuries. The other driver can be negligent in what they did or failed to do. However, one of the major challenges of a motorcycle accident claim is the common bias against motorcyclists. Due to this age-old prejudice against bikers, judges and juries have a history of ruling less favorably when the victim is a motorcycle rider. While it can be difficult to overcome this bias, it is definitely not impossible.
To successfully determine liability in your motorcycle accident case, you’ll have to be able to prove a few things:
- The defendant had a duty of care
- The defendant was not careful and breached the duty of care
- This breach led to the accident, ultimately causing the plaintiff’s injuries
- The plaintiff was injured or suffered losses
However, the best way to ensure you receive the maximum compensation for your injury is to talk to an experienced Tustin motorcycle accident lawyer with a successful track record.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
A motorcycle accident can result in minor to severe injuries. Not all accident injuries are visible at the moment of the accident, so it’s important to seek medical help as soon as possible. While there are many different types of motorcycle accidents, here are the most common ones.
- Road Rash: When a biker’s skin makes contact with the surface of the road, road rash occurs. In addition to being extremely painful, the injury also requires urgent medical attention because they are prone to infection and permanent scarring.
- Fractures and Broken Bones: These are also common motorcycle accident injuries. Since motorcycles tumble when accidents occur, motorists are usually thrown to the pavement, and it can result in broken arms, feet, legs, or wrists.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): This is a type of injury to the brain that occurs due to the force of the collision. According to NHTSA, TBIs are responsible for over 50% of motorcycle accident casualties.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: This is an especially sensitive and significant part of the body. The result of a spinal cord injury in a motorcycle accident can be devastating.
- Internal Organ Injuries: When a motorcycle accident results from penetration trauma or blunt force, the victim may suffer internal organ injury. Internal bleeding is a common motorcycle accident injury that can lead to death if not diagnosed and treated quickly.
What To Do After A Motorcycle Accident
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, it can be overwhelming to deal with the aftermath. You may not know what to do next or where to go, especially if you were severely injured. While every situation is unique and difficult, here are a few things you should do after a motorcycle accident.
- Get to Safety: Immediately after a motorcycle accident, the first thing you should do is access your current situation or surroundings. Are you badly injured? Are you in harm’s way? If you are not too injured to move, remove yourself from the road and check if anyone else needs help.
- Contact the Police: Once you get to safety, the next thing to do is to call the police, even if there are no serious injuries. They will make statements and interview everyone involved. Make sure to get the police report as it can be vital in your efforts to recover damage for your injuries and property.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don’t think you need medical care, it’s always best to get yourself checked out by a doctor after the accident. Some serious injuries have delayed symptoms that can give the victim a false sense of safety, only for the signs to become visible in the upcoming days or weeks.
- Gather Evidence: It is important to gather as much evidence about the accident as you can for legal and insurance purposes. If possible, take the photos and videos of the scene, collect the personal and insurance information of the driver, talk to witnesses and get their contacts.
- Notify your Insurance Company: Notifying the insurance company is the first step towards recovering your compensation. Once this is done, the insurance company will conduct its investigation to determine the liability and value of your claim.
Contact Our Experienced Tustin Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been severely injured in a motorcycle accident, it is essential to consider your legal options. The motorcycle accident lawyers at Legacy Accident Lawyers understand the burdens you are facing during this traumatic time, and we want to provide guidance and support. Our team is committed to helping you recover the compensation you truly deserve. To find out why so many Tustin residents choose Legacy Accident Lawyers to represent them in their motorcycle accident cases, contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.