Tustin Truck Accident Lawyer
Negligence is the most common cause of truck accidents in the US. According to the report issued by the Federal Motor Carrier’s Safety Administration (FMCSA), driver negligence and carelessness are more likely to cause a catastrophic truck accident than any other factor, including vehicle performance, road conditions, and weather. If you have been involved in a truck accident in the Tustin, CA or greater Orange County area, you want Legacy Accident Lawyers to protect your rights. Our experienced, knowledgeable truck accident lawyers fully understand both the state and federal trucking laws, which can greatly increase your chances of getting the full compensation you deserve.
With a free consultation, our Tustin truck accident lawyer can get started on building a case for your accident and injuries.
Why Legacy Accident Lawyers Is The Best Option For You
Legacy Accident Lawyers have several years of experience protecting the rights of truck accident victims in Tustin. You’ll get the help you need to receive the maximum compensation you deserve when you choose us as your truck accident lawyer. We fully understand how the insurance process works, and the tactics insurance companies use to try to deny claims or pay less than your claim value.
Because we know how to handle truck accident matters, our lawyers have a winning success rate, which will improve your chances of winning your case. In the long run, working with us will save you time, reduce stress, and increase your payout. Regardless of the extent of your injury or damage, we provide the same high level of service. We also handle wrongful death claims resulting from truck accidents.
In fact, our seasoned Tustin truck accident lawyers are recognized for:
- Having the knowledge, resources, and personnel you need for a strong truck accident case.
- Standing up against major corporations and have won. We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
- Being dedicated to offering high-quality legal representation and great customer service.
- Operating on a contingency fee basis to limit costs. This means if we do not secure the compensation for you, you’ll not owe legal fees.
When you schedule a free case consultation with us, we’ll review all your case details and devise a smart legal strategy to pursue the maximum compensation for you. Contact us today to learn how we can help you.
Benefits Of Hiring A Truck Accident Attorney
A truck accident is different from other types of auto accidents. These accidents often result in more severe injuries. Also, accidents involving trucks can often turn into more complicated proceedings that involve severe consequences and require extensive knowledge of truck accident laws.
Experienced Tustin truck accident attorneys will be able to navigate the complex details of these claims and lawsuits. Here are some of the advantages of working with a truck accident attorney.
Laws And Regulations Related To The Trucking Industry
The trucking industry is regulated by federal agencies that place strict requirements on trucking industries to make sure their truckers are sufficiently trained and qualified. Trucking companies are also required to monitor the activities of their drivers to ensure they do not work over the legal requirement. An experienced truck accident lawyer will be aware of the many laws and regulations related to the trucking industry and use this to determine the at-fault parties.
Provide Competent Legal Guidance
A truck accident attorney can provide accident victims with effective legal guidance at every stage of the claim and lawsuit process. These cases usually involve complexity, and a lawyer experienced in trucking accident cases can help you understand your case as it advances. They can ensure your rights are protected, and legal processes are properly followed in order not to jeopardize your case.
Statutes Of Limitations
A statute of limitations is a legal time period during which a victim of a truck accident can file a claim in court. In California, accident victims have a limited period during which they can file a civil claim before the expiration of the statute of limitation. However, there are several factors to consider when it comes to the legal technicality of statutes of limitations, including conditions surrounding the accident. A truck accident lawyer is the best person to consult to ensure you file your case on time without delay.
Help With Litigation
An experienced truck accident attorney can also help you through any legal matters you may face. If you can’t settle with the insurance company, then usually, you can start a litigation process. With a good legal representation, your truck accident attorney can help present your case in the best way possible. After that, the judge or jury will make their decision.
How Much Is A Truck Accident Claim Worth?
Accidents involving trucks can be devastating for their victims. If you suffered injuries or damages in a truck accident caused by someone else, you might be entitled to compensation. However, every truck accident claim is unique in the amount of compensation a victim can receive. The worth of a claim depends on the severity of the injuries and the extent of the losses suffered by the victims. Medical costs and property damages are significant factors. Lost earning capacity or long-term lost income and damages for pain and suffering that the victim had to endure due to the truck accident may also be included in a settlement. Due to these many variables, the worth of truck accident claims can vary significantly from one case to the other.
With so many factors to consider, an experienced truck accident attorney in Tustin can help you estimate the maximum compensation for your case. Your lawyer can present evidence in support of your truck accident claim. That’s why it’s essential to contact a knowledgeable attorney as soon as possible after your truck accident.
Common Causes Of Semi Truck Accidents
Several factors contribute to truck accidents. Some of the most common causes that account for a majority of commercial truck accidents on the road include:
- Speeding: Due to the sheer size of a truck, it reacts more slowly to change in speed as it builds momentum, and the driver has less control. Thus, truckers that drive faster than what’s appropriate for a truck that size is putting every other road user at an increased risk for an accident.
- Distracted Driving: This is as much an issue on our local roads as it is on the highways. Drivers often engage in activities that divert their attention away from driving. Some of the major causes of distracted driving include using a cell phone, eating, and anything else that draws your attention away from driving.
- Poor Cargo Loading: Statistics show that poor cargo loading is also one of the major causes of truck accidents. When a truck cargo is not properly loaded or has too much cargo, the load may fall into the roadway or cause a truck driver to lose control.
- Impairment: A drunk driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs poses a risk to other drivers on the road because their reaction time, reflexes, and judgment are impaired. For instance, a recent study showed that 30% of truckers use amphetamines to stimulate themselves in order to stay awake while driving.
- Failure to Yield: This means the truck driver prevents other vehicles from moving past them when they clearly have the right of way. Truck drivers’ failure to yield has caused a lot of severe and fatal truck accidents.
Determining Liability In A Truck Accident Case
A commercial truck accident is not the same as a motorcycle or car accident. It involves several factors not common to other automobile accidents like trucking industry laws, special accident investigations, commercial trucking insurance coverage, and the increased rate of severe injuries and death. Further complicating the matter is that multiple parties can be held accountable for the accident.
Depending on the circumstances of your particular truck accident, the truck driver, trucking company, cargo shipper/loader, and other vendors may be held liable. In order for you to receive the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries and damages, you must be able to identify all of the parties responsible for the accident. However, determining liability in a truck accident case tends to be frightening. A thorough investigation is required to determine the parties liable and how their negligence led to your crash.
Fortunately, experienced truck accident attorneys can help protect your right. A vital role a legal professional plays is to investigate the truck accident on behalf of their clients. Your attorney can use the recovered evidence to identify who is at fault in your particular case and help pursue the maximum compensation you deserve.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
When commercial vehicles are involved in an accident, their sheer size can cause terrible damage. They often result in serious injuries or fatalities. The following is an overview of the common types of truck accident injuries across the United States.
- Back And Neck Injuries: People who survive trucking accidents are often left with back and neck injuries which can include minor or more serious injuries such as dislocated discs.
- Broken Bones And Fractures: Truck accidents are powerful, meaning your bones can be more easily broken in a truck accident. Bone fractures like the rib cage that protect important organs are especially severe.
- Burn: Burn injuries occur more frequently in truck accidents. Trucks carry much more fuel than other vehicles, and the impact of the collision can cause the fuel tank to rupture, causing severe burns.
- Internal Injuries: Blunt-force trauma as the result of the truck accident can cause internal bleeding, which can affect organs like the spleen, pancreas, kidney, bladder, and liver.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): This is a serious condition that can result from head injuries as the result of a truck accident. Traumatic Brain Injuries may lead to permanent brain damage and affect the victim’s ability to speak or hear.
What To Do After A Truck Accident
A truck accident can result in catastrophic injuries. Many times, a person involved in a truck accident is gravely injured, and the only thing they need to worry about is getting the medical help they need. However, if you are fortunate enough to walk away with minor injuries, here are certain important steps to take after a truck accident to ensure your case is preserved and protected.
- Stop And Report The Accident: If you are involved in a truck accident, you must remain at the scene. Make sure you are safe and call the police immediately, especially when someone is injured or has died. Plus, remember to request a copy of the police report, which can be vital if you need to take the case to court.
- Seek Medical Treatment: Seeking medical care immediately after a truck accident is important, no matter whether the injuries were obvious or not. Sometimes, adrenaline could prevent a victim from noticing an injury or feeling pain until later. So, let a doctor run a test and decide if you need medical care.
- Collect Evidence At The Accident Scene: The evidence you gather from the scene of the accident is vital for proving your case. If you are too injured or traumatized to collect the evidence, ask someone else to do it for you. Take photos of the scene, exchange information with other involved parties, and ask witnesses for their contact information. All these can have a significant impact on your case’s outcome.
- Contact A Truck Accident Lawyer: You don’t want to skip this step as it can impact the outcome of your case. However, while you should cooperate with the insurance company, you do not have to speak with the other party’s insurance adjuster until you have consulted with an attorney. Talking to insurers early on can jeopardize your right to compensation. Having a personal injury lawyer that specializes in truck accident cases in your corner at this stage is crucial.
Contact Our Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys
Legacy Accident Lawyers – one of Tustin’s most prominent in the area of truck accident injury law – provide precisely the highly effective and experienced attorneys needed to handle your unique case. Our ultimate goal is to provide you with the best representation and bring you justice. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today to schedule a free case evaluation to learn more about how we can serve you.