An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
When you experience a traumatic and serious personal injury or loss due to someone else’s negligence, it is important to have the right team on your side who will fight for your rights. If you or a loved one is a victim of an accident, such as a car accident, and suffered physical injuries, choosing the right Tustin personal injury lawyer could be one of the most important decisions you can make to assist your recovery.
Legacy Accident Lawyers are experienced in fighting for personal injury victims suffering from serious injuries that were caused by a negligent party. We specialize in these types of cases and are ready to assess your situation, so we can begin building your winning case.
Reach out to the trusted Tustin personal injury lawyer at Legacy Accident Lawyers to schedule a free consultation today.
Why Legacy Accident Lawyers Is The Best Option For You
At Legacy Accident Lawyers, we understand that surviving an accident, suffering an injury, or losing a loved one due to the carelessness of someone else can be scary and stressful. As a full-service personal injury law firm, our ultimate goal is to work for you and put your mind at ease.
We have built our reputation over the years advocating for injured victims and fighting aggressively for our client’s rights. Our Tustin personal injury lawyers are dedicated to getting the compensation you deserve so you can focus on your recovery and leave the legal matters to our experienced personal injury lawyers. Our law firm stands apart from the rest. Here’s why:
- An experienced personal injury lawyer from our firm will work closely on your case every step of the way. Our personal injury firm is fully prepared and readily available to address all of our clients’ needs and concerns.
- We specialize in personal injury cases related to motor vehicle accidents, so we are confident in helping accident victims get their lives back on track.
- Our work ethic is to operate proficiently and effectively. Our focus is to obtain maximum compensation as efficiently as possible.
- Free consultations are offered to new clients, so we can thoroughly evaluate your personal injury accident and recommend all of your legal options that best suit your needs.
- Our law firm operates on a contingency fee basis. So, if we don’t win your case, you owe us nothing in legal fees.
Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation and learn more about how Legacy Accident Lawyers can serve you.
Benefits Of Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one has recently suffered a personal injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injury. The legal process can be overwhelming and complicated for people that are not familiar with the process of personal injury claims and lawsuits. The major key benefits of hiring a personal injury attorney to help with your case are:
Understand The Legal Process
The legal process can become complex and devastating really quickly, with forms to fill, documents to file, the insurance provider to deal with, and injuries to recover from. Working with a personal injury lawyer in Tustin with years of experience will keep your rights protected. Their knowledge and skills will help you avoid making costly mistakes you may have made on your own.
Handle Settlement Negotiations And Lawsuits
A personal injury lawyer can help you prepare a detailed demand letter, clearly outlining damages caused and how much you should be paid in compensation. They will also detail why the other party’s at fault for the personal injury accident. The demand also contains evidence to prove the value of your injury and damage claim is warranted and legitimate. Experienced lawyers are usually skilled negotiators that can fight for the maximum value of your injury claim. Also, they are also experienced and highly trained trial lawyers. So, if an insurance company refuses to agree to a fair settlement, a personal injury lawyer in Tustin can file a lawsuit and represent you in court.
File Legal Documents On Time
When pursuing legal action, you need to understand the statute of limitations (this is the maximum time you have to file a claim following a personal injury). If you don’t file your lawsuit within this period, you can no longer pursue this particular case unless it falls into an exception to the statute of limitations. For this reason, it is vital to reach out to a knowledgeable lawyer as soon as possible. They can ensure all of your legal motions are filed with the right court before the time runs out.
Significantly Increase Your Chances Of Winning
It’s almost impossible for an individual with no insurance and legal experience to go head-to-head with an insurance company and receive the maximum amount of compensation. Insurance companies have far more power and knowledge to leave you with the lowest personal injury settlement possible. Fortunately, a personal injury lawyer can directly combat the aggressive insurance company to receive the highest settlement possible.
How Much Is a Personal Injury Claim Worth?
One of the most common questions victims of personal injury ask accident lawyers is: “How much is my claim worth?” Asking for the worth of your claim is fair since your losses potentially include the high costs of medical expenses and repairs or replacement of property. The compensated amount should be able to include the cost of medical bills, account for lost wages, and cover other costs incurred as the result of your injury.
The truth is that personal injury cases are subjective, and each case is too distinctive to reach a simple compensation formula. The same type of personal injury may affect you differently than it affects another victim. The worth of your personal injury can depend on several contributing factors, such as:
- Property damage or repair costs
- Medical bills
- The severity and extent of your physical injuries
- The amount of time you’ll miss from work
- Your pain and suffering
Fortunately, an experienced Tustin personal injury attorney can help you better understand the value of your case. Your attorney will investigate your accident, gather evidence, and review your injuries to estimate your claim value. With the necessary information, your personal injury lawyer can demand payment from the at-fault party that caused your injury. In a more complicated and sensitive case such as a wrongful death lawsuit, our personal injury lawyers are fully dedicated to helping the surviving family members seek compensation they deserve.
Common Causes Of Personal Injury Accidents
While some auto accidents can’t be avoided, there are many causes of auto-related personal injury accidents that are due to human error. However, some accidents occur more often than others. Here are some of the most common personal injury accidents.
- Drunk Driving: Driving while impaired is the deadliest cause of accidents. A recent study found that drunk driving caused an average of 29 deaths per day. Consuming drugs and operating a vehicle is just as dangerous as drunk driving.
- Distracted Driving: This is the leading cause of auto accidents in the United States. Distracted driving can range from talking or texting on the phone to eating food to talking to other passengers. Ultimately, anytime someone’s attention is taken off the road, they are driving distracted.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving, such as switching lanes too quickly, speeding, blatantly disregarding the safety of others, and other aggressive driving actions can cause serious accidents.
- Speeding: Speeding is the third leading cause of auto accidents in the United States. It increases the chance of an accident because the driver doesn’t have enough time to react. Speed-related accidents also often have catastrophic outcomes, given the massive amount of energy that was released during the collision.
- Weather Conditions: Slippery roads from snow, rain, or ice can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles, causing either a single-car collision or a major multi-vehicle accident.
Determining Liability In A Personal Injury Case
After suffering injuries due to an auto accident, one of the first steps in pursuing compensation is to determine who was liable. Being liable for an accident means that someone was responsible for the accident that led to your injuries. In a personal injury case, determining liability is key to securing compensation for a victim and crucial to the success of your lawsuit. However, proving that another party is liable in a personal injury case can be challenging without proper counsel. It is the duty of your personal injury lawyer to establish negligence on the part of the other party. Negligence is a legal term that describes the actions of an individual who performs an action they shouldn’t have done or doesn’t do something they should have done.
Quite often, establishing liability requires significant technical analysis. Much of the groundwork done by personal injury attorneys involves carefully investigating the conditions surrounding the accident to find out who is liable and to what extent. Then, they gather enough proof to ensure that the responsible parties pay.
Common Types Of Personal Injuries
It only takes a few seconds for an accident to occur, and it can cause serious injuries to almost any part of the body. The following are the most common personal injury claims filed by injured drivers, passengers, or pedestrians.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is one of the most common types of auto-related personal injuries. It occurs when ligaments and muscles are stretched due to a sudden change in movements of the head and neck during a clash.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries: The impact of the accident and force on the body can cause disability from spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord damage can result in partial or total paralysis.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): Auto accidents are the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries, which happen when the brain is damaged by a piercing injury or blow to the head.
- Bone Fractures: This is another common type of auto accident injury. The injuries are often associated with limited mobility, severe pain and bruising, and swelling in the affected area.
- Internal injuries: When an accident forces an object into the body, damage to internal organs may occur. This happens quite often in an auto accident, and it requires emergency medical treatment.
What To Do After A Personal Injury Accident
When an auto accident occurs, it is easy to become shaken, disoriented, and confused. However, in the aftermath of a crash, it is crucial to obtain important information, especially if your accident was caused by someone else. These are the steps you can take immediately after an accident to ensure your health and legal rights are protected.
- Ensure Safety: If anyone is injured in the accident, immediately call 911 for help and tell them you need medical help. Always call the police no matter whether or not you have injuries. Once everyone involved in the accident is safe, you can start gathering other necessary information.
- Seek Medical Attention: If you are injured, stay where you are and wait for emergency personnel to arrive. Even if you only feel slight pain, adrenaline will be soaring, and you may not even realize you are injured until later. As you speak with your medical professional, mention all pain and issues, even if you think they are intangible.
- Gather Evidence And Documentation: In a personal injury case, you must prove that you were injured due to someone else’s negligence. In order to do so, you must provide evidence and documentation. Documents and collect records of everything that pertains to your case, police reports, medical records, photographs of the scenes, and witness contact information. You should also get the personal and insurance information of the other driver.
- Consult With An Attorney: Contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as you can. You’ll need to provide details about the accident and some other vital details. The attorney will be able to advise the best course of action and recommend how you should proceed with your case, regardless of whether or not you retain the law firm’s services.
Contact Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers In Tustin, CA
For several years, we have been helping victims of personal injury throughout Tustin obtain the maximum amount for their claims and lawsuits. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Tustin, contact our experienced and dedicated personal injury lawyer in Tustin to learn more about your legal options and how we can serve you. These case assessments are completely free, confidential, and do not require that you hire us for your case. Contact the law offices of Legacy Accident Lawyers to learn more.